Growing up on a farm near Limavady was amazing, but I was always encouraged to pursue my own passions.
With a degree in Multimedia under my belt I spent a year in Canada working as a photographer on the ski slopes and teaching kids to make videos at a summer camp.
On returning to Northern Ireland in 2006, I began to film and photograph friends’ weddings whilst also shooting in a busy portrait photography studio in Belfast until 2008 when my own clients became my sole focus.
In 2013, I opened my studio at Edenmore Golf & Country Club.
Diann and I met on match.com and both were shocked when we discovered that we lived on the same street in Belfast. She had only just moved back to NI after 10 years in England .
2015 Wedding album of the year
2019 Pre-wedding & engagement - finalist
Results out in March!
2015 Reportage photographer of the year
2019 Wedding album of the year - finalist
2018 Family photographer - runner up
2017 Pre-wedding & engagement -runner up
2017 Wedding album of the year - runner up
A few favourite things:
1. Day off? For me, nothing beats a big Sunday Lunch with family or friends.
2. TV Programme? I rarely watch TV but when I do it’s Sci-Fi (or period dramas if Diann’s choosing). I once watched 16 episodes of Stargate back to back.
4. Beverage? Cappuccino or very milky tea (I put this down to growing up on a dairy farm). I’m also partial to an occasional wee nip of Jameson.
5. Pastime? I am DIY mad, but always end up making things much worse before (sometimes) fixing them.
6. Game? I LOVE board games! The 2 biggest arguments I’ve had with my wife Diann were over Monopoly and Risk.
7. Sweets? I don’t eat sweets, but I can’t say no to
8. Celeb? Ray Mears is my hero. I love campfires and cooking outdoors. I’m planning on attempting to grow some of my own